Sunday, May 24, 2009

Green Eyed Girl Glossary

From time to time, I use odd little words or phrases that, more often than not, I get inquiries about. While I have been accused of allegedly “making words up” ::insert industrial strength eye roll::, I assure you that even if I did, which I don’t, they officially exist as of now because I’m providing happy little definitions below. So, there.


Mo-mo [moh-moh]
-noun

An utterly idiotic person, usually male. Must be used with as much disdain and eye rolling as humanly possible, especially when referring to one’s Hubba Bubba

“Sometimes my Hubba Bubba is SUCH a Mo-Mo!”



Hubba Bubba [huhb-uh buhb-uh]
-noun

A woman’s husband that is either from the South or exhibits redneck behavior.


”I’d love to go to the mall, but first I’ll have to see if my Hubba Bubba is home from the strip club.”


Skinny Mini [skin-ee min-ee]
-noun

An OMG, self-obsessed, skinny woman often overheard uttering “Does this make me look fat?”, who is entirely oblivious about why anyone might not be as skinny as she is. Nemesis to Green Eyed Girl
See also “She-Devil”, “Narcissist”, “MoMo”, “Stupid jerk”

“Did you see how that Skinny Mini looked at me? I ought to go fart on her”



Noms [nohmz]
-noun

LOLspeak for “food”

-verb

LOLspeak for “eat”

“That Skinny Mini needs some noms. I’ll give you $20 if you’ve ever seen her nom on anything other than a celery stalk”


Grr [gurr]
-interjection

Sound uttered with disdain and frustration. Often heard from paternal figure but adapted recently by daughter.

“Did you see that call the referee made?? GRRR!”


SnootySnot [snoot –ee snoht]
-noun

A person, usually female, who judges individuals on their appearance, their income level or profession. Not to be confused with “Skinny Mini”, though are often the same. Another nemesis to Green Eyed Girl

“I’ll show that SnootySnot! I’ll park my trailer right in front of her condo. Grrr.”


Pokies [pohk-ees]
-noun

Another term for acupuncture.

“Okay, Hubba Bubba, I’ll see you after pokies.”



Coke [kohk]
-noun

A genericized trademark , often used in Texas. All-conclusive term for “soda pop”, regardless of brand.

“Hey, Hubba Bubba, want a Coke? What kind? Ok, I’ll get you a Dr. Pepper.”


Meh [meh]
-interjection

A statement expressing lack of interest.

Green Eyed Girl: “Hey, honey. I updated my blog!”
Hubba Bubba: “Meh.”



Guh [guh]
-interjection

A statement expressing dejection and frustration.

Green Eyed Girl: “Hey, honey. I updated my blog!”
Hubba Bubba: “Meh.”
Green Eyed Girl: “Guh.”


Diddybop [dih-dee-bohp]
-verb

To move one’s feet or body rhythmically to music.

“Hey, look at Hubba Bubba diddybopping to that New Kids On The Block video. Guh.”



Sniggle [snih-guhl]
-verb

To lie close in comfort. Similar to “snuggle”, only cuddlier.

“Aww, Hubba Bubba! Of course I’ll sniggle with you. As soon as you shave, take a shower and change your underpants.”


Do what? [doo hwuht]
-idiom

Interrogation used to question what was just said, usually heard in Texas. Can be used when one simply didn’t hear what was asked or in a sarcastic response.

Hubba Bubba “Honey, I’m going to the strip club”
Green Eyed Girl “Do what?”



Yankee [yang-kee]
-noun

A derogatory term used to describe someone born in the northern part of the United States.

Green Eyed Girl: “Hey, Daddy! I’m getting married!”
Daddy: “To who?”
Green Eyed Girl: “Well, he’s a Yankee.”
Daddy: “Do what?”
Green Eyed Girl: “He’s from Michigan.”
Daddy: “Grrr”

While this is not a comprehensive list, it’s a good start and answers a majority of the questions I’ve received. If, however, you read something I’ve written and ask yourself, “Do what?”, pop me an email. I’ll be more than happy to fill you in.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete